Jude Mwoga is currently the Senior Manager – Programs & Performance Management (SM-P&PM) for National Water and Sewerage Corporation (NWSC). He has been with NWSC for the last eighteen years where he has served in different capacities within the organization having started as a Project Engineer for water & sanitation infrastructure development.
Prior to joining NWSC, he lectured in Makerere University – Kampala in the Department of Civil Engineering; he worked as a design engineer with M/s Sampar Associates Engineers and Economists – Kampala Office; he also worked as the Engineer for Estimation and Tendering with M/s Stirling International Civil Engineering – Kampala Office.
Jude Mwoga, has vast and practical experience in the design, coordination and implementation of water utility management and performance improvement initiatives and programs. He also has significant experience in project management, documentation, procurement, administration as well as monitoring and evaluation of contracts, change management, research, incentive frameworks for enhancement of efficiency and productivity; and business planning and business plan coordination.
He has undertaken many assignments in NWSC including :
• Development and preparation of business plans and strategic plans for utilities
• Design, administration and monitoring of performance contracts, operating contracts and performance improvement initiatives in water utilities including Kampala Water, the largest service area under NWSC-Uganda accounting for 70% of NWSC's volume of business.
• Project Management, Contract Management and Construction Supervision of several Water and Sanitation related infrastructure projects to improve service coverage, service quality and supply reliability
• Championing change management initiatives and internal reforms for performance improvement
• Systems analysis and strategy formulation
• Institutional and structural reforms in utilities
• Implementation of Pro-Poor WATSAN Services
Jude Mwoga is a holder of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering of Makerere University - Kampala and a Master of Science Degree in Sanitary Engineering with specialty in Water Sector Utility Management from UNESCO-IHE Delft – the Netherlands. He has had additional training in Advanced Contract Management with Crown Agents – UK, in Utility Regulation and Strategy with PURC – University of Florida – USA and in Programme Monitoring and Evaluation with the World Bank Institute.